|Description: ||This position assists staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. The position utilizes one-on-one consultancy to end users Shared Services Staff. The employee in this position also assists in the maintenance and testing of network servers and associated equipment. The position’s responsibilities require independent analyses, communication and problem solving. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
• Assists staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
• Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
• Works with Service Desk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients.
• Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment.
• Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems
• Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software.
• Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
• Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for purchases.
• Orders computer supplies.
• Assists in maintaining LAN/WAN records and, as appropriate, telephone systems cable.
• Participate in an on call rotation.
|Qualifications: ||• Candidate must be 100% professional, and be able to patiently and effectively communicate complex concepts to audiences with varying skill levels, in person, on the phone, and via email.
• Strong written and communications skills with a demonstrated comfort level authoring non-trivial documents with both text and graphical elements and using these documents to keep different types of constituents informed about what is going on.
• Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (applications, network, system, hardware).
• The position requires an organized, highly motivated individual that has excellent project and task management skills.
• The candidate must be a self-starter and thought-leader for the Infrastructure department and is expected to bring ideas to the table for consideration.
• Bachelors degree in a technical discipline or related work experience and minimum of 2+ years’ experience in Information Technology.|