|Description: ||General Responsibility
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, the Front Desk Supervisor is part of the leadership team responsible for ensuring the effective operation of the Front Office by leading, coordinating and providing superior guest service.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide top-quality, friendly service to all of our guests in line with our service philosophy.
• Check-in and check-out of guests and tour groups.
• Handle guest complaints, find solutions and compensate if necessary.
• Sell rooms to walk-in guests.
• Take reservations.
• Assign rooms for arriving guests.
• Effectively communicate with other staff and departments.
• Act as hotel operator.
• Maintain cash float.
• Work mostly opposite shifts of the Front Office Manager and other Front Desk Supervisors.
• Ensure that all policies and procedures of the hotel are being followed.
• Deal effectively and quickly with any issues over the course of the shift.
• Extra projects as required.
• Site inspections if the Sales Department and other management are unavailable.
• Build a good rapport with our Tour Directors and Business Partners.
• Ensure that the building is kept in good condition over the course of your shift.
• Train and motivate all Front Desk and Bell Desk staff.
• On call either over the phone and/ or in person in case of an emergency during the night.
• Training of new staff, along with our other Front Desk Supervisors and Agents.