|Description: ||POSITION PURPOSE
Strong accent is to be given to the hospitality towards the guest as a prime goal and thus to maintain and develop the attitude of the related staff.
Close co-ordination between, Housekeeping, Guest Relation as well as Food and Beverage regarding regular and especially irregular business.
To maintain our standards of quality and service and facilities in all departments over which he/she has responsibility and authority. He/she is responsible for the overall smooth and economical running of the Front Office department.
• The FO Supervisor is responsible for a smooth and correct administrative operation.
• He/she is personally responsible of a correct and up-dated data base within the Room Master system.
• He/she is responsible for correct welcoming of all guests. He/she monitors check-in, also for groups and gives total attention and dedication for customers.
• Taking care of customers: The Front Office takes as well care of “Concierge” service. The FO Supervisor is concerned about offering a wide information scale.
• He/she supervises the organization and sales of all sorts of guest’s activities and the correct handling and charging.
• To effectively handle guest complaints, taking corrective action to prevent recurrence and convert the guest into a repeat customer. Co-ordinates proper actions with other departments, informs FO Manager re. serious matters
• Co-ordination and information with the Housekeeping, and Maintenance departments
• Ensures all staff is thoroughly familiar with the Hotel’s emergency procedures and in a state of preparedness for any emergency which may occur.
• Execution of regular technical/skills training. Is responsible for setting up and maintaining ongoing training programs in the Front Office department
• He/she is familiar with all related company documentation and especially with the relevant Operational Standards Manual for his/her field of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• Knowledge of Hotel computer accounting programs, such as Room Master.|