|Description: ||General Responsibilities:
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the company’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal.
Oversees development and implementation of support materials and services in the area of marketing, communications and public relations.
Directs the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the company.
The position reports to the President of Brewster Travel Canada and serves as a member of the senior management team.
Within Brewster Travel Canada the position has primary working relationships with the senior management team, staff of the Marketing/Communications/Public Relations function, and the service providers.
• Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program/plan that enhances Brewster Travel Canada’s image and position within the marketplace, and facilities internal and external communications.
• Develop brand portfolio objectives, strategies and plans to facilitate business division growth.
• Plan and administer the marketing budget.
• Ensure consistent articulation of Brewster Travel Canada’s desired brand image and position both within and outside the organization.
• Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all companies’ publications.
• Direct media interest for Brewster Travel Canada and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
• Ensure that the Brewster Travel Canada regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity as well as monitor trends.
• Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events.
• Build and develop a marketing and communications team which is competent, commercially astute, dedicated and efficient.
|Qualifications: ||• Minimum 8 years experience in marketing, communications and public relations with demonstrated success
• BA degree in marketing, public relations or related field
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities
• Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills
• Experience developing and managing budgets
• 8 years experience managing and leading a creative team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and media negotiation
• Possess the following personal qualities: integrity, creativity, high standards, commitment, ethical values, and achievement oriented
• Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills
• Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers
• Able to create realistic schedules and meet deadlines under stress and interruptions
• Confident with decision making in regards to determining project guidelines, purpose, follow through and completion
• Understanding of financial reports including budgetary guidelines and project expenditures
• Ability to assign and delegate work, problem solve, answer questions and evaluate results of performance
• Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products and e-mail required
• High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
• Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects