|Description: ||POSITION PURPOSE
This is a fast-paced position that involves food and function preparation, cooking, kitchen maintenance and inventory control. The successful candidate must be dedicated and display a hard-working ethic with the ability to learn quickly, multi-task and adapt to changing situations. The successful candidate will be a team player that can work well with peers and show good communication skills with our customers.
Food and Function Preparation
• Moving food and equipment from kitchen to service areas
• Assist with function area setup (such as tables and chairs)
• Prepare and restock line items and recipes
• Inform Kitchen Manager of supplies close to par stock levels
Line Cook Responsibilities
• Prepare and stock cold tray items
• Cook and present a la carte menu items
• Follow food safety procedures and monitor temperatures
• Cleaning up at the end of each shift
• Scheduled maintenance of grill, dishwasher, and other equipment
• Mopping kitchen, fridge and storage areas
• Washing and putting away dishes
|Qualifications: ||SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Line Cook experience
• Friendly and outgoing personality
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
• Standing for long periods of time
• Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally.
• Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree or related technical school degree preferred.
2 to 4 years in a major hotel, or restaurant.
Licenses or Certificates
Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Brewster standards.